Hello everybody who has something to do today. I won't bore you with the details of what I have done for the past day. It involved taking apart a 2000 piece puzzle that I didn't really finish because I didn't want to spend 20 hours looking at an array of blue pieces that look exactly the same. I had my computer fixed, something was apparently wrong with the hard drive, not that I know what that means, but anyways, I am now internet capable and everything works, for the moment. Then I spent about 2 hours trying to untangle a huge knot of string because I was crocheting and I wanted to see how much string I had left. Finally, I just cut the string as many times as was necessary for me to untangle it.
Then, I started reading Eragon. It's a fairly good book, just as long as you don't read every single boring detail this guy includes in his book. The author was 15 when he started writing this book, which leads me to wonder why, if he was this apparently intelligent, would he not pursue a more fulfilling, and beneficial profession. This example just confirms my belief that what people require most in this society is recognition, and celebrity, and the effect of parents making kids do too much.
This intelligent kid could have become a scientist and found some important cure, but instead he chose to write a book partly because he wanted the fame and publicity that a book would bring. Not only does he write a book, but he writes a book about fantasy that in no way has underlying themes like the LOTR. Now, I'm not saying I liked those books, but at least they relate to some aspect of reality. Also, if I could graduate this year, and spend all my time writing a book, I'm sure that most people could write a book that people could like.
Now onto 2nd theme. Why is this kid allowed to graduate at the age of 15, and why didn't he go to college. He is probably missing out on all the experiences that most kids our age experience. And why does this happen? Partially, because his parents wanted him to. Most parents have no realization of how much they impact our lives, as much as we don't want to admit it. If your parent is showing you that their job is the best job, then you might think more about joining that profession. Or if your parents say things that others find offensive, but you grew up having people around you saying things like that, then you will say those things without knowing what they mean. Ex. My little cousin.
Anyways, sorry I wrote about such serious things, and I can probably expect some comments, but I am slightly tired, and extremely bored, so thanks for listening to my rants. Final Thought: Who has more impact on a kid: their parents, or their friends? BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home