Monday, January 19, 2004

Hello everyone. Another boring day. Although, by Fri., I will look back at today, and say, "Why couldn't every day be like Mon." I finally talked for the first time over the internet. Very confusing. I think I should probably just quit now or else I will be forced to learn terms like icon, and all those stupid acronyms that nobody really understands. I think everyone should simply make up their own acronyms because then everyone can be an individual and then I won't have to spend hours trying to figure out exactly what lol means. No one seems to understand how computer ILLITERATE I am. I understand NOTHING about computers. I'm lucky I am even able to write this blog... Oh wait, LT created this for me. Just another example of how bad I am on computers.

I had to wake up early to go to BB practice. Why would anyone ever want to have practice at 10 AM! I went to bed at 4 am, so when I woke up at 9, I was a LITTLE tired. Practice was good, and I got 6 out of 10 on my free throws, and was very proud. I survived the weekend! That in itself is an accomplishment. I managed not to visibly harm anybody, and I got to drive to the airport. I am a little apprehensive about tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I got a new "nanny" today, supposedly Yuki's dad knows her, and she apparently knows you, Yuki. She seems really nice, doesn't mind how much driving she will have to do... I think, and she likes to COOK!! No more frozen fish sticks. Actually, I have never eaten frozen fish sticks, but the thought of them gives me nightmares. That's about all I have done today.

Right now I am watching American Idol. This has got to be the most edited show ever, which I hope, or there are some horrible, and I mean really BAD, singers in America. I mean, it is just one after another of horrible singers, and when you finally hear someone who may actually have talent, you can barely distinguish them from the other people who have sung.

How come if you went down the street and asked someone who had won the Nobel Peace Prize, this year, or any year, and then asked them who was the last American Idol, they would probably be able to tell you Ruben, but wouldn't know King, or Carter (Note: I'm not exactly sure who won the nobel peace prize, but I know it was a woman from Iran) I just think it is so revolting how commercialized our society has become. Now, I am the first to admit that I watch a lot of tv, and that I love my comforts/privileges, but when people are basing themselves and their self image based on what is "popular" or cool, then there is a problem. Then, all the kids who are trying to not be "popular" all dress and act alike in the "nonpopularity."

Also, the extent to which people try to become famous is astonishing. If it was just one bad singer I could understand. But when thousands of them show up, I wonder if they are being intentionally bad on purpose just to provide the viewing public with some more "entertainment" at the expense of others happiness. I cannot stand it sometimes. I literally stare at the tv, and ask why. (Although, this is usually after I have watched the show and laughed at these people)

My sister is watching Fear Factor, and there is no more classic example of people looking stupid at the expense of others. Why would anyone eat parts of animals except to gain a few moments of feeling as if they matter? Final thought to my last day of leisure until I leave for Maui: Who is the celebrity- the newest winner of "American Idol" or the most recent winner of the Nobel Peace Prize? BL. NP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home