Okay. Okay. I think I finally got this Shout out, or whatever it is, to work, and if it didn't, please blame my lacking computer skills, not me. By the way, can anyone help me with a laptop problem? I turn it on, and the screen is small, and the colors are at like 16, and it says "Check the programs" or something like that. I'll probably just have to take it in to the store AGAIN to get it fixed. I now have internet on my own computer, so I think Yuki and LT know what that could mean, provided of course that I can actually get my computer fixed.
Anyways, today was a pretty boring day. Got up at 9:30, at the insistence of my dad, "NP, do you want to go to BB today?" My obvious response should have been, "I went to bed at 4, why would I possibly want to get up now?" I of course didn't say this, and was soon up, and downstairs ready to eat my wonderful, actually, this isn't sarcastic this time, breakfast of eggs, cheese, bacon, and onions.
Then I went to BB. First, we started out doing this drill where you run around the court shooting at every basket, and rotating from first to last, like follow the leader. Then we did a rebounding drill where there were no fouls, and I got sworn at multiple times, and people were afraid to guard me. He He. He. Then we did free throws out of ten, where you run a lap every time you missed one. I missed SEVEN. Then we did a drill where you stand with your backs to each other, and try to push the other person out of the circle. It was a bit like Sumo wrestling. Hint- It is much better to have non-dusty shoes, or else you might find yourself slipping out of the circle, thanks to the wonderfully dusty gym floors.
Then we did a drill where you have to make 20 baskets in 5 minutes at opposite ends of the court, 2 on 3 at each end, and people rotate in. We finally reached our goal of 20, but there was more running. Then we did a rebounding drill, where if the offensive player got a rebound, then the defensive player had to run an "up& back" which is two from one end of court to other, and back. MORE RUNNING.
Then we actually did a fun drill, where first, you have to make 6 baskets in a minute, my partner for this, AB (tall girl with me in French) was very helpful. Then we had to make 3 3's in a minute, and guess who made all three for the team the 2nd time we did this. ME!!! My exclamations of joy echoed through the gym as the last one hit the backboard and went in as coach said time. Although, I did yell out "This is biased against posts" as soon as we started. Then to end practice, we did a free throw contest. One person would shoot, and people would choose if that person would make it or not, and if they were wrong, then they had to do an "up& back" By this time, I could barely feel my legs (exaggeration). Suffice to say, I was ready to go home.
Then, Judge was late picking me up, so I got to have a very interesting conversation with LT. Then I went to "OfDe" and got all the badly needed school supplies I was lacking, ranging from pencils which I always seem to lose, no matter how hard I try, and folders because all the ones I have are broken because I had soo many papers in them. Did anyone else buy books for 2nd semester. I am CONFUSED. Then, after "OfDe" I went and had my passport photo taken. Note- NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER have your passport picture taken soon after a sports practice.
Final thought for the day, "Who is the better athlete: the person who has played for 12 years in the pro leagues, or the high school kid with a full scholarship to play a sport?" BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home