Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Today was a good day. I woke up with my dad leering into my face saying very slowly and distinctly, "It is 11:15, and we are leaving in 15 minutes." I quickly got up from the couch in the living room which is now officially my bed over break, went upstairs and changed into my basketball uniform. Then I quickly ate my breakfast of yogurt, and a very old cinnamon roll.

Even though I was supposed to not drive today, my dad let me drive to and from the game. Of course, my sister was in the back, and almost burst into tears every time my dad gave me a "gentle" reminder. The car was filled with screams of "We're going to DIE! NP is going to kill us, and I didn't even get to go to SB. (For those who don't know, SB is a place where you create things with beads.)

I have decided Inglewoods is definitely in the middle of nowhere. I had to take 88 to 218 to 476 to get there, and on the way back, I had to take 476 to 218 to 88. I probably left out a few, or got a few wrong. For those who might be confused by these apparently random numbers, you obviously can't, or won't, get your permit yet because these are all names of major highways in our town's wonderful transportation system. Luckily, LT will never have to learn these numbers because she plans to always use public transportation, if it ever exists here.

WE FINALLY WON A GAME, AND I GOT 8 POINTS! For those who haven't seen me play basketball, this is a very, very high amount for me. In the entire season last year, I only got 2 points. Also, it was against someone who is in our conference, Highland. I was very happy with myself, also everyone on the team scored which is a good thing. Tomorrow, I have a practice at 10! am. This is too early for me, and it is on NEW YEAR'S EVE! And next Monday, when I should be desperately flipping through all the material we have done this semester, I will instead be in a hot, sweaty gym, doing sprints because we didn't run down the court fast enough.

Anyways, I hope no one has died since my last post. (Note: Yuki, the probability of you dying in a plane crash is a lot less than you dying in a car crash... Oh that's right, you don't drive either so that's not a problem. Another thing is that there is spell check for posts. Didn't you read over before you posted?) I should probably go finish NCS and GDS, BL. NP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home