The only time I seem to be able to blog, is after everyone else has gone to sleep, except for ME of course, so that no one will read over my shoulder and I won't feel quite as guilty about what I am saying. I finally went to bed around 5 yesterday morning, and was forced awake around 10 to get in the car and go to visit my grandparents. I of course fell asleep immediately, which must have been an amusing sight because I was stretched across the short middle seat, with my feet touching the ground. I slept like this for the 2 hours it took to get to Pierre. I think I also tried to put my feet on the little piece of plastic near the door, but I don't think it worked.
My grandparents were very happy to see us though, and it was lots of fun. We got to go to my "new" favorite fast food restaurant- Subway. It has been a very long time since I have been to a burger place. One thing that actually scared me was when we drove by a Hardee's and we saw their latest ad, "Welcoming the new, low-carb, THICKBURGER." The "thickburger" consists of a burger with all the toppings, wrapped in a piece of paper, or plastic or some other substance not a bun. Anyways, then we spent most of the afternoon playing whist, or a card game that my family always plays. I won when I played with my dad, but when I played with my grandpa we lost miserably. I think it was because we aren't very good cheaters. I had some really good potato chips-honey mustard- and a really good chocolate bar thing, and excellent banana nut bread. The food is always good at Grandma's. We also talked about getting them a new dog because they seem so happy to see Cassie. We are inspiring people around us to buy Westies (Our neighbors are buying one this spring probably)
At around 5:30, we left to go to Chamberlain to have dinner (It's around Al's Oasis) My dad wanted me to drive so he could read his book, but he wanted to drive for the first half hour, so as he drove, I sat up in the back seat, and slowly drifted in and out of consciousness. I was contemplating whether I should tell him that I was just about to meet the Sandman, when he pulled over and let me drive. Luckily, I didn't fall asleep, although my dad did almost make me pull into a one way street going the OTHER way!
Dinner wasn't great, but expensive. Even in SoDak food is over-priced! I got to see my youngest cousin, Blake, and my aunt, Sonya, who (whom?) I haven't seen in a while, and I got to eat bad food. Then my dad let me drive back to the ranch (about 40 min. away) but first we had to find cigarettes for my mom. First we went to one C-store, and there were none there, then we went to another C-store and there were none there, then we went to a grocery store that was closed, and the guy was counting the cash in the register. But that didn't stop my dad. He went up and banged on the door, and begged the guy for the cigarettes because "they were the only place around that sold them." The man decided to be nice and sold the cigarettes to dad for the retail price of 40 dollars a carton!
Then we went back to the ranch, and I played cards with my cousins, while my dad, uncle, and Tyler went hunting for miscellaneous creatures. I am SO proud because I almost beat my cousin Shelby, who we all know cheats, at NERTS which is a game like solitaire, involves multiple decks, and many more things it would be boring to write down. Then we watched Unsolved Mysteries for a while. I love that show, but when I was younger, my mom didn't want me watching it because she thought I'd get nightmares. We also started watching 8 mile, but the adults decided it wasn't a "Sunday" movie. (Think of things you shouldn't do on Sun., like words you shouldn't use). Then we started watching Anger Management, and I was asleep until dad threw a blanket on me.
Now, I am the only one awake downstairs. I was considering taking Tyler's bed without his knowledge, but decided I didn't really want to get sworn at, so I decided not to. Now I am watching POTC again, and blogging. Luckily, we get to leave tomorrow, so I can get home and study for my gym quiz. That's right my dear friends, I bet you forgot about our beloved gym quiz on the first day of gym we get back. I also need to start studying for finals, and finish the Odyssey. Couldn't read anymore today. Last thought- As we were driving through SoDak, I saw a sign of those letters they put up to tell about the newest sale at C-stores, with the words spelled out, "Vikings fans, what are you watching this weekend?" BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home