Friday, April 02, 2004

I'm going to Sections!!!
As if my life weren't complicated enough, yesterday, after my dad had to call a car service to give me a ride to US, at the speech tournament, I ranked high enough to go on to sections. I got third, although, I probably would have had to go anyways because there were only 10 people, ArKS missed the last round, another guy was on script, and one girl rocked back and forth throughout her speech. Actually, the girl who rocked back and forth got in because she was seventh, and there was an opening from the other subsection, and one kid who literally stopped and walked over to his seat to look at his speech got sixth, I think. However, I was very happy with third because I beat one girl from "NQB" who had beaten me at my first tournament. The awards ceremonies were boring, and started 15 min. late. They were boring because "NQB" entered 5 people in every category, so naturally 4 or 5 got in the top 6, so when they called down the 6 to receive awards (we were assigned numbers) it went A1, F1, H1, H2, H3, H4. So you pretty much got to see 4 clones get up and accept their awards. It was a good night for us though, 5 out of 8 get to go to sections, and the kids who didn't get through- one left early to go to a concert, one wrote his speech that morning, and one didn't really understand the category she was in. I was really happy that Phenol made it, otherwise my Saturday would have been boring, and uneventful. Oh yes.. now I have to find a ride to the US on Sat. how fun!! We have to go in the coach's minivan for 1 1/2 hours and then we don't get back until 5 or 6!!! I thought that break was supposed to be a "separation" from school. Apparently not. Well, don't have much else to say. BL. NP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home