Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Parallel Parking & Permanent Permit

Today my dad tried to get me to parallel park along one of our actual roads in my city. I have never been so afraid of anything in my life before. I'm going to have to practice a lot in the next few days. I was looking over the list of things you need to do during the test: Parallel Parking, show brake lights, hazard lights, horn, windshield wipers, mirrors, 90 degree backing into alley (which of course was what caused me to break a cone at Behind-the-wheel), and this just gives you a basic idea.

Then these are some of the things which cause you to fail AUTOMATICALLY dangerous, careless or reckless driving, inability to control your car or complete a maneuver w/o assistance, not cooperating w/ the examiner or refusing to do something they ask you to do. Basically, if you have any fun while driving... you fail or if you disrespect the instructor then you fail. But these instructors are notorious for being grumpy evil people, so that must be a common problem. Then if/when I fail, I have to retake the test after a week. I hope to God that I don't fail... how embarrassing.

Anyways, I'm considering just having a permanent permit, I'll never get my license. But then I'll have no freedom for another year hmmmm... hard decision. I saw a student driver parallel parking as I was attempting to do it with Dad. I wanted to yell at him, "STOP NOW, it only gets worse... much worse!" Went to see Spiderman today... probably 4.5 out of 5. I really liked it. BL. NP.

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2004 at 10:51 PM, Blogger Owl said...

Relax, you'll be perfectly fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home