Volleyball and planned visits
Well, as you can see, I got my comments system back up. Does this mean that I have more self-confidence. Well, no, it just shows that I am not as immune to peer-pressure as I wish I was. Anyways, today I finalized my plans for the rest of the summer... or as finalized as they can possibly be. A little late, I realize, but the old mantra, "Better late then never" holds true. I spent the whole day signing up and calling... or my dad did the calling... but I got signed up for everything that I think I'm going to do.
This week, I start basketball lessons, which involves conditioning and also shooting practices. The conditioning will prevent me from an untimely death during conditioning week for volleyball. 6 hours of running, jumping, diving, passing, hitting, setting, serving... who wouldn't love it?
Then, in about 2 weeks, I start a debate-like summer camp, which for some bizarre reason, I chose to do the commuter camp instead of overnight despite the fact that it is an all day camp. I can't understand... actually, I can understand why I wouldn't want to stay over night. It's because I hate dorms. It isn't because they're impersonal, wood filled, and generic, which they are. But it's because of the communal showers and it's not very comfortable. I also prefer to do all my research that will be necessary for this camp, at my house. I don't know what I'm going to do when college comes, but I've got a while to figure that out.
The biggest problem is that I have to miss the day on cross-examination b/c its my b-day and my driving test is at the same time as the camp starts... By the way, are there any tips on parallel parking? I will, however, get to eat my usual fabulous dinner at my favorite restaurant... or one of them. Then, I start training again for both sports. Which will be interesting, and useful. I think. I have to miss a few days of captains because I have a basketball camp, where the assistant varsity coach works, and I think that she's a good coach, and it never hurts to make new friends. There might be another camp that I have to go to, but time will tell.
Then volleyball and basketball practices continue throughout August, and I go on my annual trek to DC and our friend's house, and then... the "real" fun begins with the start of school. I tried to tell funny anecdotes like Yuki(o?) and Tatertot. I really, really did. But I figure you might find it partially interesting. I hope. Anyways, leave a comment if you feel so inclined.. but please be kind... or at least fair. This is the beginning... of the REST of my summer. BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home