Okay... Now that I've calmed down about the evil comments someone left me, I'm able to blog again. To you who left the comments. I tried to understand why you would write such mean things about me, and then I realized that was what I sort of wanted, in a weird way. The point of having a blog is to discuss topics and opinions. You disagreed with my opinion, and explained yours. Crudely I might add, but I guess I was a little crude with mine too.
However, that being said. This is my blog, and unless I am unaware of some new internet law thingy, then I am going to express my opinions about things. Since I obviously don't like having people insult my opinions, I got rid of my comments systems. If you have any more complaints about my blog, you can call me.... or miracle of miracles.. there is something called personal communication. Come up to me in the hall, and say, "I didn't agree with your last post" Or maybe get your own blog. Then we can both express our opinions in blissful silence.
Now on to more philosophical things: "Who decides what classes are required, and which ones aren't?" The simple answer could be the teachers or the government. But then think about who influences them, and soon you are in a quagmire of doubt and mistrust.
Another topic, over done perhaps, but definitely interesting to talk about. "What do we sacrifice for the ability to communicate?" For example, cell phones... or telephones in general are a very handy invention. Oh my god, I'm at a sports practice, and it ends early. Instead of walking 10 feet to the nearest pay phone, I just reach into my pocket and call my dad. Even though practice only ended ten minutes early... oh well. I realize that phones are useful when calling 911 for example, but beyond that it gets a bit unnecessary. Ex. Due to the wonders of cell phones, I called my dad right in the middle of a former Israeli Prime-minister's speech, and he was EXTREMELY embarrassed. Was the cell phone helpful in this case? That would be a NO.
Next on my list are computers. Now, I realize that computers are necessary for basically anybody, including 2 year olds who just NEED to play that Barney game on the computer instead of doing something crazy like playing outside. As a student, I realize that it makes research SIMPLE, and homework gets done quicker, but what about the negatives. The internet that we love so much often abandons us, and gives us horrible viruses that destroy our computer. The easy accessibility of facts may make that paper easier, but at the same time, there are people who just take things that aren't theirs and use them. Even worse, people put wrong information on their websites, and people assume that it's true, and then they live their lives with knowledge that isn't correct.
In an effort to make ourselves more available, we have lost any sense of alone time, or seclusion. Even in the middle of a field in the middle of Montana, surrounded by vast nothingness, there is still that satellite rotating miles above your head that can see you. You may be a mere speck, a disturbance on a page.. but you are still there. This type of lifestyle makes it easier for criminals to steal your identity, and ruin your credit for life. Final thought: "What are we willing to pay for the ability to buy our groceries on-line instead of walking to the corner market?" BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home