Thursday, July 01, 2004

I'm making an effort to make my posts shorter b/c I can understand how hard it is to read extremely long posts, so that's that.

Yesterday was basketball lessons and I was talking with the instructor and he said, "I went to school in Vermont"

I wittily responded with, "Oh so, do you miss that maple sugar?"

*Incredulous look on his face* "How do you know that?"

I tried to shrug it off, but he was persistent, so naturally I said, "I'm a genius."

He laughed for a second, thought about it, "Seriously?"

Well, its nice to know that at least I can fake someone who is very intelligent but the fact that I know the famous agricultural products of certain states does NOT make me a genius. Maybe I could have told him that one of the first Ben and Jerry's was in Vermont. Then I could have really astounded him. This says something about the intelligence or at least gullibility (is that a word?) level of college level basketball players.

I guess everybody has their abilities though. He may not be great with history/school, but then again.... I'll never be able to dunk like him. BL. NP.

3 Comments:

At July 2, 2004 at 5:26 PM, Blogger Owl said...

Vermont and Maple Sugar are married aren't they? Like black and white and Texas and Cowwwwwwboys.

By the way what does BL mean? Short for bleep?

 
At July 2, 2004 at 5:32 PM, Blogger book said...

BL means Blog Later. I like making up my own acronyms.

 
At July 2, 2004 at 5:33 PM, Blogger ad said...

Oh yes, BG loves to spew swear words. No, I do believe BL is blog later. Isn't the last name of Ben Cohen? I forgot Jerry's but it's a long one that ends in son, I think.

Your sister takes guitar lessons? Remind me to talk to her...oh yeah, and uh, Phenol, Don't Mess With Texas, baby!!...just kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home