Well, I'll have all of you know, that I had a nice long post from yesterday, but due to the greatness of our university system here in my great state, the power went off, and I lost my entire post. Not that we got to miss any speech time, but that's a different story.
Camp is proceeding nicely now. I've gotten into a rhythm of lecture, lecture, food, speech, lecture, food, speech, speech. However, yesterday, we had a "tournament", which means we had to give 5 speeches in about 4 hours. I actually liked that better because it allows you to get in a state of perpetual speech-iness, and that helped me. Yesterday, I had a really good day w/ speeches, and actually people are thinking that I'm improving.
Do I? No, but its nice to know that the other people think I do.
My dad left again, this time for the big "sweet" lake. I'm sure he'll have fun, and maybe he'll listen to their choir. I doubt it, but you never know. I've only got 3 more days of camp, and I'm going to miss the first half of the last day to try again. I'm going to do it this time, and show those people that I am good. It's just so frustrating, and it shows the ignorance of our governments b/c I've spent over 400 hours practicing and other kids barely do 30 and pass.
Oh well, what are you going to do? I hope everybody else is having a great time wherever they are. Next week, I start my volleyball & basketball training again. I'm going to be so busy. My weekends are going to be my only respite now. The major problem with this camp, is that the lab that we spend most of our time in, smells like dead fish, and it's getting progressively worse. We are sticking our noses in air fresheners, so that we won't gag from the smell. Maybe I am over-emphasizing this, but I don't think so. Anyways, everybody else have fun.
"For the sense of smell, almost more than any other, has the power to recall memories and it is a pity that you use it so little." Rachel Carlson.
In this case, I know that if I'm ever forced to smell that scent again, I will definitely remember this camp. BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!

1 Comments:
I concur.
Totally inept of the gov. I really think there should be reform for the driving test.
Post a Comment
<< Home