Harry Potter and the Flawed Plot?
There is an interesting discovery I made in the Explanations of "Zadig" a story/satire by Voltaire. It says that a basilisk is "a fabulous reptile reputedly about a foot long and able to kill men, but NOT WOMEN, with a look."
If this is true then the entire plot of HP & the Chamber of Secrets is totally flawed b/c Moaning Myrtle would never have been killed by the basilisk and they could have gotten rid of it much easier. Now, either the fables from Voltaire's time (18th century) were wrong, or Ms. Rowling didn't do enough research. Either way, it's something cool to think about!
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home