Olympics
The Olympics are finally over, and after about... oh 50 or 60 hours of personal viewing, I've seen it all. I've watched table tennis, equestrian, wrestling, boxing, tae kwon doe, sailing, rowing, swimming, diving, gymnastics, volleyball, tennis, basketball, shooting, soccer, trampoline, cycling, water polo, and the list goes on and on. I've seen upsets and projected wins, good winners and eloquent losers. I've seen teamwork and large egos, triumphs and failures, sweet and bittersweet moments. The fact that they only come around every 2 years makes them that much more remarkable
According to the USOC (United States Olympic Committee) the medal goal for these Olympics in Athens was 100 medals. The final tally gives the US 103, exceeding the previous goal. This is more than the US athletes earned in the last two Olympics at either Salt Lake or Sydney.
I doubt that anyone who know Olympians reads this blog... but I'll cover my bases. Every US Olympian should be proud of their achievement at the games. They proudly and honorably represented our country at the games. Whether they placed 1st or 50th, they should receive recognition for the hard work & sacrifice they have experienced over the last 4 years. They set an outstanding example for all future Olympians. Thank you. BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!

1 Comments:
I applaud the sentiment.
Nahrgang's daughter was a winter Olympian when I was in eighth grade.
Post a Comment
<< Home