RED SOCKS WON!!!!!
(For those of you who don't know, I'm talking about the World Series) Not only did they beat the Yankees who have an enormous amount of money to pay for players, but they haven't won the World Series since 1918, as I'm sure you are all now aware. The bad sports commercials have already started up. Nike has one on about 2 minutes after they won, showing these poor men spend their entire lives watching the Red Socks lose and then when they are like in their 70's to 90's, their team finally wins, and instead of seeing like actual heartfelt emotion from these people, we see
"Just do it" and a nike symbol.
How pathetic.
Another upsetting factor is that two of the guys who used to be on our team got traded to Boston and now they have pretty little rings while our guys are back in the tundra having their field ripped up to make way for a football field.
Oh great... another negative campaign in the background. It's an anti-Kerry ad. I can tell because of the ominous tone that the music took. As in if you vote for him rabid wolves will come out of the woods and EAT you.
Kerry's talking about how he's going to improve the economy when he becomes president. Okey day, first of all, the president has like NO control over the economy, and also, trends don't just appear based on the last month or even years. Most economic trends are in multiple year cycles, so most of what Bush is experiencing could be an effect of the Clinton administration, if you really want to think about it.
Also, because of the great country that we live in, we created our industry separately so that the government wouldn't be able to completely control it. Supposedly, we have a free market system, meaning, in stupid sophomore terms, that the govt. doesn't control us. (Guess I'll learn about that in Econ CIS) Hence the president really doesn't have that much control over who's losing and gaining jobs. So, I really don't want to hear any more about the economy. Sure, people have lost jobs, but sometime in the future, there will be more jobs that people can have, and I realize how bad that sounds, but its just a function of our society.
You can not have a free market system where everyone is guaranteed a job. Our system thrives on competition and if there is no competition for jobs, then our system isn't working. If everyone were guaranteed a job, then they would be lazy and not get their work done because they would know that they would not get fired. Does that make any sense at all? I hope so because I do try. BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!

1 Comments:
No. I had NO idea that the Red Sox were playing in the World Series, much less baseball players.
I have to admit that you're fairly neutral on your blog :) don't know if that makes you feel good but hey -what did you think of today's speech? I had to actually agree there.
(We'll have to go on that spaceship and sell cookies and flashing Kerry buttons *ahem*...)
Post a Comment
<< Home