Shopping
Well... now its winter break and I'm free to post as often and non-concisely as I want (ie rambling) I think I am entitled to that. Now. At this point I could go on and on about all the problems with our school, not that I'll mention them by name or anything because its pretty much just about every policy that we have. Come to think of it, there isn't one policy that I believe in. At all. But then again, coming from me that sounds like the most hypocritical statement b/c I'm "succeeding" or whatever teachers want to say about me (meaning of course taht I haven't dropped out yet.
Anyways, the main point of my rant today was about christmas (or holiday for all of you non-christians- I was after all raised to be very politically correct and culturally aware at my school) shopping. I went to the local mall near my house, and it was absolutely horrendous. It took me about 3 minutes to get into the parking lot, and then about another 15 to actually find a spot, and that spot was so far away that it would have almost been quicker for me to walk home then to walk to the mall, and then I get inside. Now, I didn't have any problems getting through the stores, or anything like that.
Although, has anyone else noticed that the quality of food gets noticably worse during the holiday season. I realize that its b/c a large group of fellow teens just got jobs before winter break, and haven't the faintest idea of how to actually prepare food, but that doesn't make it anymore acceptable. Anyways, the point of that is that I got a typical cocoa from reindeer, but after drinking it, there were no signals or taste confirmation that it was cocoa. I thought I was drinking coffee, and then pygmy took a sip, and she said it tastes like Irish vanilla ( or something like that) So, when I heard that, I thought she was talking about liquor or something, and I wasn't really sure how to react. So I wasn't very happy about the decline in quality of my preferred drink.
Then back to me actually being in the mall. I came to the conclusion that under no circumstances will I ever, EVER allow myself to have a credit card. When I walk into a store, I want to buy everything, and the only thing that prevented me from doing it today was that I only had limited money. So I kept walking back and forth from American Eagle to Aeropostale and back, trying to see if sometime in the 5 minutes that I had been in the other store, suddenly they were having a large sale and I would be saved. That never happened however, and I ended up being my cheap self, and buying things for price instead of actual compatability w/ the person. I mean, it wasn't like I bought lipstick for my dad, or a car for pygmy, but I'm not sure taht I was perfect w/ their gifts. I will have you know however, that I did get gift receipts for all the stuff so it can be returned.
So, I went all over the mall, and I kept thinking... "This is not christmas." Mainly, because there is no snow, and I want to know to whom I can send my complaints b/c there is going to be some very loud complaining. But I think that its also the fact that I'm so busy w/ school this year. i noticed the same thing last year. I remember when I was in middle and lower school, we would spend weeks preparing for Christmas and making the cookies and decorating the house, and this year I was so busy making sure school was going well that I totally forgot about it. Atleast this year I managed to get my friends presents in time.
Luckily, we're going to Chicago on tues. so maybe that will put me more in the mood. I thought the mall was bad. Whenever i go to chicago, and try to walk down the sides of the street the days before christmas, I literally feel like a rat in a maze. It's like you have no room to move in any direction- much like a concert or big NBA game, but its on the streets of chicago, and then the actual road is packed with cars, and it is the only time I am ever glad to be staying at a hotel and not have a car to drive.
Back to the mall again. I managed to buy things for all of the family, excluding the dog. And somewhere along the way I picked up my sister, and then we prepared to leave and go across the street (almost literally, to Tar-ge the fine french boutique) A trip that normally takes 1-2 minutes took 15-17, and that's when I started looking at the clock, almost 5 min. after I attempted to get out of there. We had to fight for space and people looked absolutely astonished that I let them in and away from that labrynith of cars. Then I get to tar-ge and mercifully see someone that I know. I mean, I love that store soo much. If I could live there I would. They have like every dvd for really cheap and it is so cool. I bought like 6 DVD's and then fought my way out.
After about 3 hours, endless looking at stuff that I'll never buy, buying 6 mediocre gifts for my family that I already know they will hate, and about 2 or 3 driving manoevers that I hope that I will never have to perform again. I am done, and have resolved to do all my shopping online. BL. NP.
The Life and Times of Book Girl, Perfectionist
This is about me...Book Girl aka Normal Python. My friend the mad-skill Tatertot set this up for me because she rocks. (ahahaha :0)) Maybe. Well, I can't get rid of that one. I've gotten many more nicknames & now I've changed the template so... This is my blog. A high schooler who feels old. A licensed driver w/ car troubles. If I've updated, you know it's a big deal!!

1 Comments:
Shopping during the holiday season...urgh. I had to pick up some last minute gifts and find a new pair of pants because I manage to go through mine so quickly...and it was horrible, horrible.
I hear you on the school thing though. I didn't get any Christmas presents for my friends this year because thanks to school I'd completely forgotten about Christmas, and by the time I remembered it was sheer lunacy to buy them thanks to all my homework.
Post a Comment
<< Home